The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications for the position of Fisheries Officer in the Ministry of Agriculture, Trade, Lands, and the Environment:
Under the supervision of the Chief Fisheries and Ocean Governance Officer the Fisheries Officer provides evidence based technical advice and leadership support to the Fisheries and Ocean Governance Unit. The Officer will operate with a high degree of independence and will be responsible for developing and managing fisheries and ocean scientific research, analyses, provide analytical and advisory support on the assessment of marine fish stocks, the marine environment, and associated fisheries management research sampling systems. In addition, the Officer provide leadership and supervisory support to the fisheries assistant and the fisheries data collectors.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must possess:
- A BSc Fisheries Science Management or other related academic discipline.
- Further degree such as MCs and or PhD in relevant subject.
- Proven track record in the field and good understanding of Caribbean ecosystems goods and services.
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of ocean resources environmental management, governance and legal framework at the local, regional and international level.
- Five 5 years’ practical working experience in fisheries and ocean resource biodiversity data collection, analysis, presentation, and professional reporting.
Terms and Conditions of Engagement
Appointment will be on a contractual basis for a period of three (3) years.
The salary for the post of Fisheries Officer is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Get more information about the post and how to apply at the Montserrat Government jobs website.
[Image credit: Chuck Stanley]