St. Eustatius National Parks (STENAPA) and environmental consultancy company Mac & Field are looking for a suitably qualified person to manage an urban reforestation project:
Do you have several years of experience within the field of environmental project management? Do you have strong social skills, not afraid to get your hands dirty, and are you at your best when working in new environments? If you feel intrigued by the challenge of managing and guiding an extensive reforestation project in the Caribbean, then please continue to read.
For a reforestation project on St. Eustatius, Dutch Caribbean, we are looking for an onsite project manager. Experience in the environmental management sector is essential to this role, along with excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills as well as engaging with (senior) stakeholders. If this sounds like you then this could be the role for you!
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
– Oversee proper execution of greenhouse build and water catchment system.
– Oversee proper execution of plant and seed purchase, cultivation and care, preparation of planting sites and transplantation of plants together with designated team.
– Leading and training the designated project team.
– Problem solving (technical) issues (i.e. irrigation).
– Responsible for budget maintenance, time management and quality.
– Close contact and communication with key stakeholders and assist in regular project meetings with key stakeholders to review progress.
– Cater to the client’s site safety policies, environment and sustainability strategies.
– Relevant, or similar work experience as a project manager in forestry/botany.
– Experience within the Caribbean is an advantage.
– Experience in project planning and effective time scheduling.
– Able to mobilize and motivate people, generate enthusiasm within the community and project partners.
– Familiar with managing financial aspects of a project.
– Ideally professionally qualified in one of the following fields: project management, environmental management, forestry, biology. BASc / BSc level is preferred.
– Fluency in English is required. Good command of Dutch is an advantage.
– A problem solver, with enough patience, perseverance and enthusiasm. You possess of customer-oriented thinking and strive for quality.
– Strong communication skills.
– Available to work 32 – 40 hours per week.
For more information, including about how to apply, see the complete vacancy notice on STENAPA’s Facebook page.
[Image: Pieter Edelman]