The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations is inviting applications for the position of Agriculture Emergency Coordinator and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Expert. The Expert will perform or assist in the following tasks:
- Undertake field assessments and evaluations of relief requirements in countries affected by natural and/or man-made calamities, including Inter-Agency assessment mission fielded to countries under complex emergency conditions.
- Support FAO’s country offices in the emergency coordination, agriculture post-disaster evaluation and response.
- Assist with emergency logistics and procurement of agricultural relief items.
- Formulate emergency and rehabilitation projects consisting of data collection, validation, analyses and report writing.
- Prepare reports and final statements on emergencies, and disaster risk reduction/management.
- Support the implementation of emergency projects and programmes.
- Analyse relevant technical social, economic, environmental, and technology information, data and/or statistics for input in various documents concerned with agriculture and food security.
- Support the design and coordination of DRM and resilience projects and programmes.
- Provide technical backstopping of DRM and Climate Change (CC) project implementation and coordination.
- Prepare and present project proposals, for financial support to interested donors and aid programmes of the UN system related to emergency response.
- Collaborate in the development of and the organization of workshops/seminars.
- Participate in the organization and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences.
- Perform other related duties as required.
More information about the job and how to apply is available in the full vacancy announcement [pdf]. The application deadline is June 30, 2018.
[Image: via United States Agency for International Development]