The Yale Environmental Leadership and Training Initiative, in collaboration with the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, has launched a new online certificate programme, Tropical Forest Landscapes: Conservation, Restoration and Sustainable Use:
This yearlong program consists of four eight-week online courses, a capstone project and an optional field course in Latin America or Asia. This program is designed for professionals working to address the complex social, ecological and funding aspects of managing tropical forest landscapes.
Learn from a diverse team of Yale faculty members, ELTI team members and a network of international partners:
• Fundamentals: Ecological and social concepts
• People: Community and institutional engagement
• Strategies: Implementing and monitoring techniques
• Funding: Financial concepts and tools
• Capstone: Designing a conservation or restoration project
The program will run from June 2019 – May 2020.
Visit the course website for more information and details on how to apply. Applications opened January 7, 2019 and are accepted on a rolling basis; the priority deadline is March 7, 2019, an the final deadline to apply is April 15, 2019.