Learning/internship opportunity: Bahamas Environmental Steward Scholars Programme
- By : Thérèse Yarde
- Category : Opportunity
- Tags: the bahamas
Are you, or do you know, a Bahamian between the ages of 15 and 18 who’s interested in learning more about the environment, conservation and sustainable systems? If yes, check out the Bahamas Environmental Steward Scholars (BESS) Programme:
What does the programme entail?
- A 100-day semester at the Island School in Cape Eleuthera.
- A 4-month paid internship at BREEF or another environmental conservation organization such as BNT or Friends of the Environment
- Learn more about national/global issues in sustainable development.
- Become part of conservation efforts in The Bahamas.
- Participate in field research.
- Develop your water skills (swim, snorkel, SCUBA).
- Training in First Aid & CPR.
- Enhance your computer & public speaking skills.
- Network with scientists and other professionals in the field.
- Study marine ecology.
- Prepare for college.
- Connect with the environment around you.
The application deadline for the 2018 cohort is February 15, 2018. Get more information on how to apply at the Bahamas Reef Environment Education Foundation (BREEF) website.