Qualifications and Skills
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Environmental Management, a specialization in renewable energy or related areas would be desirable;
• Fluent in English (written & spoken), French will be an asset;
• Excellent command of office software such as word processors, spread sheets, and databases;
• Strong analytical skills and excellent communication, reporting and writing skills.
• General professional experience
• In-depth knowledge of renewable energy technologies (bioenergy, solar, wind, etc.);
• Demonstrated understanding of international policies and programmes related to climate change;
• Maturity and confidence is dealing with senior and high ranking members of international, regional and national institutions;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences;
• Ability to work in a multi-national/multi-cultural environment.
Specific professional experience
• Demonstrated experience in designing, evaluating or managing projects in the domain of Trade & Private Sector Development (business environment promotion) and/or renewable energy, preferably in the Caribbean region.
• Experience preparing feasibility reports for renewable energy projects would be an asset;
• Good knowledge of current trade and investment development issues in Caribbean countries and familiarity with current private sector development programmes/initiatives and donor practices in Caribbean countries would be an asset.
The application deadline is November 12, 2012. Follow this link for more information.