The 2012 Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum (CREF) will take place in San Juan, Puerto Rico, from October 15th-17th:
The organizers of CREF are proud to announce that CREF 2012 will be co-hosted with the Government of Puerto Rico at the Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, from October 15th-17th.
Regional policy is increasingly renewable-friendly, capital has started to flow, the price of technology continues to fall – and the price of oil continues to rise. Has the tide finally turned? We look forward to working closely with our many stakeholders, sponsors, and delegates towards the biggest and most successful CREF yet.
Join senior government officials, utility executives, regional and international developers, senior multilateral officers, commercial and investment bankers, and other providers of capital, technology and expertise for two days of high-level debate, discussion – and exceptional networking.
CREF 2011 gathered 360+ senior participants, including 11 Government Ministers, from 35 countries. CREF has grown year-on-year, as has the region-wide opportunity for renewables development. For senior renewable energy stakeholders active in the Caribbean CREF is, simply, a must-attend event.
In what many regard as a watershed year for Caribbean renewables, topics to be covered at CREF 2012 will include:
• Project Bankability – the view from the capital-providers
• Utilities & Distributed Generation: A wedding or a future apart?
• Puerto Rico – update and investment opportunities
• Regional Interconnection: practical, politicial, financial perspectives
• The Technological Landscape: what’s new, what works, what are the costs?
• Waste-to-Energy – over-hyped or a long-term solution for the Caribbean?
• Case-study: The Atlantic Canada RE Experience – lessons learned and applications in the Caribbean
• Caribbean Buildings: Combining RE with EE; opportunities for investment
• Regional Project/RFP/Investment Opportunity Update
CREF 2012 will also feature a high-level Ministerial Roundtable open to all delegates.
Get more information at the CREF website.