Academic Treks is looking for individuals with graduate degrees in Marine Science fields to teach summer courses in The Bahamas, Belize and the Leeward Islands:
Academic Treks has summer employment job offerings to individuals with graduate degrees in Marine Science fields.
• Tropical Marine Biology (Leeward Caribbean Islands)
• Dolphin Studies (Belize) High school-age programs only
• Marine Biology Adventure (Bahamas) High school programs only
• Oceanography (Leeward Caribbean Islands) College programs only (PhD preferred, Masters required)
• Marine Resource Management (Leeward Caribbean Islands)
AT and AT College offers high school and college students the opportunity to immerse themselves in another culture while experientially studying Marine Science and earning college credit. Instructors are needed to teach marine science courses in many locations abroad. In addition to teaching the course, instructors are responsible for facilitating groups, leading adventure activities and field trips such as hiking, involving students in community service projects, facilitating home stays and handling various other Course Instructor responsibilities.
Masters or PhD in Marine Science or relevant field (specific to program applying for), teaching experience in the subject area, proficiency in language spoken, international travel experience, experience working with young adults, and flexibility.
The “Leeward Caribbean Islands” in question are Saba, Statia, St. Barts and St. Kitts. You can get more information about the positions at oceancareers.com and apply online at broadreachstaff.com.